Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Caldo de Pollo :)



1 medium cabbage, cut into wedges
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
water to cook chicken (just enough to cover the chicken)
4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 small chopped onion
1 zucchini, diced
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
11/2 cups white rice, cooked.

Cook chicken over med heat in a large Dutch oven until it is tender. Add water, as needed, to keep chicken covered.

When the chicken will come apart with a fork, add the carrots to the chicken.

Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables and the rice and simmer until the potatoes are tender.


So, this is my last week of school and I have finals and last minute homework to turn in. I probably shouldn't be posting this right now! anyways, all is well in the land of Marlenn too much work and not enough time to spend with my besties or my family. :( but work is all I can do right now before my big trip to Guatemala.

I have also been doing some shopping for my trip and I will probably post pictures later of what I bought.

Until then...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment